Cordele — Santa and Mrs. Claus made a stop at PlantersFirst Bank Thursday, and children had an opportunity to talk with them and receive a piece of candy.
- Local news
Book signing hosted in Vienna
Civil War enthusiast and author L. Churchwell Harris of Hawkinsville celebrated the release of his latest work with a book signing event Thursday afternoon at the Vienna Cotton Museum.
- Crisp County Superintendent resigns
- Sunset Homes ribbon cutting cancelled
Temporary water cut-off beginning Friday
The City of Cordele Water Department will have water turned off in the area of 16th Ave., east of I-75 and Midway Road, north of US Hwy. 280, including the Industrial Park and surrounding areas. The water will be turned off beginning Friday, April 25, at midnight (12:00 a.m., Saturday, April 26) in order to repair a water leak at the fire hydrant located on Midway Rd. at U. S. Hwy. 280. The water will remain off until repairs are complete (approximately 2 hours).
Marijuana valued at $30k discovered; one arrested
CORDELE — A routine traffic stop here Thursday ended with the arrest of a Marietta woman for transporting approximately 10 pounds of marijuana. woth just under $30,000.
Suspect flees from two hit-and-run incidents
CORDELE— Local lawmen initially responding to a domestic violence incident that began Thursday in Turner County subsequently arrested a Bradenton, Fla., man and an Ashburn woman following a chase that ended at the Crisp County Sheriff’s Office.
CCSO seizes weapons, drugs
CORDELE — Serious charges have been filed against two men arrested by Crisp County Sheriff’s Office deputies in separate incidents this past Tuesday.
The subjects have been identified as Alvin Frankie Woods, 19, who was taken into custody at a local residence, and Christopher Inman, 27, of Kenosha, Wis., who was arrested after exiting I-75 at 16th Avenue.
Dooly remembers A.C. Daniels
On Wednesday, citizens around Dooly County mourned the loss of life-long resident and retired County commissioner A.C. Daniels who died Monday at the Medical Center of Central Georgia in Macon.
- Crisp County Head Start begins Week of the Young Child Celebration Family Advocate Gussie Williams presented the proclamation of the Week of the Young Child to Crisp County pre-schoolers and their teachers on Monday.
- Watermelon Pageant entry applications available Interested Watermelon Capital Pageant contestants may now begin application for contest entry. Entry forms will be accepted beginning today, April 10, and there is a 26-contestant limit.
- More Local news Headlines
- Book signing hosted in Vienna