Cordele — Three residents including a child and a wheelchair bound woman escaped injury when a fire broke out in their home this morning.
Just after 10 a.m. firefighters with the Cordele Fire Department responded to the residence, located on 3rd Avenue East. The fire reportedly began in the kitchen of the home though officials were uncertain as to the exact cause. The fire was extinguished quickly and appeared to have been contained to one room.
Cordele Police officers and Crisp County EMS also responded to the scene. The three residents were checked out on the scene but no one was transported to the hospital.