- Local news
Suspect flees from two hit-and-run incidents
CORDELE— Local lawmen initially responding to a domestic violence incident that began Thursday in Turner County subsequently arrested a Bradenton, Fla., man and an Ashburn woman following a chase that ended at the Crisp County Sheriff’s Office.
CCSO seizes weapons, drugs
CORDELE — Serious charges have been filed against two men arrested by Crisp County Sheriff’s Office deputies in separate incidents this past Tuesday.
The subjects have been identified as Alvin Frankie Woods, 19, who was taken into custody at a local residence, and Christopher Inman, 27, of Kenosha, Wis., who was arrested after exiting I-75 at 16th Avenue.
Dooly remembers A.C. Daniels
On Wednesday, citizens around Dooly County mourned the loss of life-long resident and retired County commissioner A.C. Daniels who died Monday at the Medical Center of Central Georgia in Macon.
- Crisp County Head Start begins Week of the Young Child Celebration Family Advocate Gussie Williams presented the proclamation of the Week of the Young Child to Crisp County pre-schoolers and their teachers on Monday.
- Watermelon Pageant entry applications available Interested Watermelon Capital Pageant contestants may now begin application for contest entry. Entry forms will be accepted beginning today, April 10, and there is a 26-contestant limit.
- Planning/zoning seeks code amendment Planning and Zoning director Connie Sangster sought approval Tuesday from the Crisp County Board of Commissioners to initiate a request for a text amendment to the Unified Land Development Code.
- BOE honors students, faculty, staff Crisp County High School’s Future Farmers of America members Keith Melcher, Jake Kelly and Jordan Adkins as well as several other special individuals, were recognized and honored at Tuesday’s Crisp County Board of Education meeting.
- SEVERE WEATHER ALERTS FOR CRISP, DOOLY, AND WILCOX COUNTIES
Mothers and sons enjoy dance
Mothers and their sons had a chance to get together and enjoy a night of fun and dancing while raising money for a good cause.
Men indicted in alleged contract killing
According to the Macon Telegraph, two men on charges of malice murder, felony murder and conspiracy to commit murder in an alleged contract killing “gone awry” were indicted by a Houston County grand jury.
- More Local news Headlines
- Suspect flees from two hit-and-run incidents