- Local news
- Watermelon Pageant entry applications available Interested Watermelon Capital Pageant contestants may now begin application for contest entry. Entry forms will be accepted beginning today, April 10, and there is a 26-contestant limit.
- Planning/zoning seeks code amendment Planning and Zoning director Connie Sangster sought approval Tuesday from the Crisp County Board of Commissioners to initiate a request for a text amendment to the Unified Land Development Code.
- BOE honors students, faculty, staff Crisp County High School’s Future Farmers of America members Keith Melcher, Jake Kelly and Jordan Adkins as well as several other special individuals, were recognized and honored at Tuesday’s Crisp County Board of Education meeting.
- SEVERE WEATHER ALERTS FOR CRISP, DOOLY, AND WILCOX COUNTIES
Mothers and sons enjoy dance
Mothers and their sons had a chance to get together and enjoy a night of fun and dancing while raising money for a good cause.
Men indicted in alleged contract killing
According to the Macon Telegraph, two men on charges of malice murder, felony murder and conspiracy to commit murder in an alleged contract killing “gone awry” were indicted by a Houston County grand jury.
Speaker encourages students to make good choices
With prom and spring break on the horizon, Crisp County native and motivational speaker Bobby Ryals addressed students of Crisp County High School (CCHS) Tuesday regarding the importance of making good choices.
City proclaims Week of the Young Child
Commissioners proclaimed April 7-11 as the Week of the Young Child for the Fort Valley Head Start Program at Tuesday’s Cordele City Commission meeting.
Seven charged with recent shoplifting offenses at Walmart
Seven persons have been arrested by Cordele Police Department officers in connection with seven shoplifting complaints filed by Walmart employees between March 17-24.
I-75 traffic stops lead to more drug arrests
CORDELE — The traffic division of the Crisp County Sheriff’s Office has made five more arrests and taken more drugs off the interstate from motorists traveling through the area.
- More Local news Headlines