- Local news
County Mourns Sheriff
CORDELE — A community is mourning the recent passing of long-time sheriff, Donnie Haralson.
Haralson, who had been battling renal cell carcinoma for over 10 years, passed away at around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday at his home. Funeral services will be held at 4 p.m. on Friday at First Baptist Church in Cordele where he was a member and a deacon.
- Show support for Sheriff Haralson
- Cordele City Commission hears safety concerns, requests to rename streets
- Community mourns loss of local sheriff
- Police file battery, marijuana possession charges
- County Mourns Sheriff
- Local Sports
Wildcats' bid for state title comes to an end
Crisp Academy Wildcats’ dreams of possibly sharing center stage with the Lady Wildcats when GISA Class A state championship trophies are awarded Saturday at Mercer University have been dashed.
- Cougars pummel Indians for 40th straight region win
- Crisp Academy Wildcats reveal their 2014 football schedule
- Wilcox Patriots skunk Montgomery County
- Marion County shuts out Wilcox in non-region battle
- Wildcats' bid for state title comes to an end
- Online Extras
Football helmets don't protect side of head from blows in tests
Players using current football helmets aren't adequately protected against hits to the side of the head, which can lead to sometimes-lethal concussions and brain swelling, researchers said.
- Augusta National removes 'Eisenhower Tree' after ice storm
- Why marrying your equal can boost inequality
- Hackers probably attacked companies beyond Target, report says
- Football helmets don't protect side of head from blows in tests
Letter to the Editor
I enjoy reminders of what I have: Freedom to be whomever I choose and to choose who leads me in government, abundance of good food, housing, transportation, and education opportunity, and above all others the freedom to worship as I believe and God’s grace in my Savior from sin.
- God loves the hurt away
- Letter to the Editor
- One of God’s little lessons
- Letter to the Editor
'Lego Movie' blocks 'RoboCop,' 'About Last Night'
"The Lego Movie" built a huge lead on top of the weekend's new releases at the box office.
- Olympics on TV
- VIDEO: Best Super Bowl ads of all time
- VIDEO: Smartphone costumes make Halloween creepy, cool
- 'Lego Movie' blocks 'RoboCop,' 'About Last Night'
- VIDEO: Snake-handling pastor dies after bite
- VIDEO: Woman expecting triplets gives birth to identical quadruplets
- Teen mom claims she has killed at least 22 people in five states
- 3 apps to help you get a better night's sleep
- VIDEO: 5 reasons TV's top shows are so addictive