Crisp County Sheriff reports
Published 9:57 am Friday, July 13, 2018
June 18, 2018
- At 1:17 p.m. deputies spoke with the complainant at 316 6th Street North in reference to a theft.
June 24, 2018
- The complainant at 2459 Hwy. 280 West came to the Crisp County Sheriff’s Office in reference to a theft of a cellphone while she was at that location.
June 25, 2018
- Deputies responded to 124 Dove Street in reference to a burglary.
- Deputies responded to 114 Medlock Avenue in reference to harassment.
June 26, 2018
- Security at the Ga. State Farmer’s Market was notified by the Market Manager to remove the offender for failure to obey the rules of the Market. Benjamin Clifford Raines of Reynolds, Ga. was arrested for Disorderly Conduct.
- The complainant at 397 Penia Road came into the Crisp County Sheriff’s Office to request assistance with her ex-husband contacting her. She stated he continually texts her and says things that are uncalled for. Deputies advised her that they would contact him and advise him to stop texting her.
- Deputies responded to the Plantation House at 452 1st Street East, Arabi in reference to a gas drive off.
- Deputies responded to 703 East 20th Avenue in reference to an assault that occurred at Helena Chemical at 423 Fenn Road.
June 27, 2018
- Deputies were advised by Central to give the complainant at 144 Justice Road a phone call in reference to someone violating a temporary protection order.
- Investigators responded to 406 North 2nd Street in reference to a Criminal Trespass.
- Deputies were located at 1901 Hwy. 41 North that were working a security detail. Carl Alexander Woodson of 612 East 25th Avenue, Cordele was arrested for Disorderly Conduct.
- At approximately 2:25 p.m. Deputies responded to 1216 East 13th Avenue in reference to a burglary.
June 28, 2018
- Investigators responded to Railway Freight in reference to a Fraud. The case is under investigation.
- Deputies responded to 401 West 23rd Avenue, Apt. B in reference to a Theft.
- At approximately 2:14 p.m. Deputies responded to 130 Haralson Road, Crisp Youth Detention Center in reference to an assault. Willie Maurice Cobb of Montezuma, Ga. was arrested for Battery-Family Violence, and Receipt, Possession of Transfer of Firearm.
July 4, 2018
- At approximately 5:49 p.m. Deputies stopped the offender, Sammie Lee Brown of 414 West 1st Avenue for several traffic offenses. As a result of the stop the offender was arrested for driving on a suspended license. The driving history indicated this was his sixth offense of driving on suspended license.
July 5, 2018
- Deputies made contact with an off duty Georgia State Patrol in reference to a group of kids body surfing on the top of a truck. The GSP provided the Deputy with a photo of the females laying on the roof of the truck with their arms out like they were flying. Deputies checked everyone’s ID and one of the females on the roof came back with a warrant out of Lee County for Theft by Taking. The warrant was confirmed and she was taken to the Law Enforcement Center for further investigation. The driver John Thomas Prather of 311 East 12th Avenue was arrested and charged with Reckless Driving and Failure to Maintain Lane. The females that were also arrested are Kaitlyn Martha Johnson of 323 New Hope Road for Disorderly Conduct, and Raylan Brianna Akins of 102A Stone Gate Circle, Leesburg was also arrested for Disorderly Conduct.
- Deputies responded to 2766 hwy. 41 South in reference to a Burglary.
- The complainants at 1901 Hwy. 41 North reported the theft if a burgundy in color ladies purse from the cab area of their vehicle, while at the Georgia State Farmer’s Market.
July 6, 2018
- Deputies were dispatched to the 1900 block of Royal Road in reference to a theft.
July 8, 2018
- Deputies responded to 1907 South 13th Street in reference to a burglary. Several items were taken from the residence.
- Deputies made contact with the complainant at 191 Floyd Road in reference to harassing communications.
- Deputies responded to 608 Pateville Road in reference to a possible theft.