Sin…its Reality and Remedy
Published 8:32 am Wednesday, April 20, 2016
By TONY REGISTER
Romans 3:10-19…As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one. Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit; the poison of vipers is on their lips. Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness. Their feet are swift to shed blood; ruin and misery mark their ways, and the way of peace they do not know. There is no fear of God before their eyes. Now we know that whatever the law says, (law of God), it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.”
Sin can be defined as;
(1) Transgression- overstepping the divine boundary between good and evil…Romans 2:23
(2) Iniquity- an act which is inherently wrong…Romans 1:21-23
(3) Error- a departure from that which is right…Romans 1:18
(4) Missing the mark- a failure to meet the divine standard…Romans 3:23
(5) Trespass- intrusion of self-will into the sphere of divine authority…Ephesians 2:2
(6) Lawlessness- spiritual anarchy…1 Timothy 1:9
(7) Unbelief- an insult to divine truth…John 16:9
Sin originated with Satan…Isaiah 14:12-14. Sin entered the world through Adam…Romans 5:12. Sin is universal, no one is exempt…Romans 3:23. Sin incurs the penalties of spiritual and physical death…Romans 6:23.
The only remedy for sin is the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ made available by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. May God bless you and yours with the richness of understanding His divine truth as revealed through His Word.
Tony Register, Pastor Cornerstone of Faith P.O. Box 155 Cordele, Ga. 31010