CORONAVIRUS PRECAUTIONS: CRISP COUNTY RECREATION FACILITIES CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Published 2:28 pm Monday, March 16, 2020
FROM A PRESS RELEASE ISSUED BY THE CRISP COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS:
Our top priority is the health and safety of our citizens. Currently, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Crisp County. We are heeding federal and state guidance and following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department of Public Health (DPH) recommendations. Out of an abundance of caution, we have decided to close all recreation facilities to the public until further notice starting Monday, March 16, 2020. This temporary closure is a precautionary measure to limit the spread of coronavirus. We urge citizens to protect themselves from COVID-19 and other infectious diseases by following basic preventative
actions included below:
• Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.