School meal distribution continues Tuesday
Published 12:05 pm Monday, May 4, 2020
The Crisp County School System will continue its meal distribution program for students on Tuesday. The system will provide boxes containing five breakfasts and five lunches, and there are three ways for students’ families to get meals:
- Pick-up locations — Noon to 1 p.m. Please practice proper social distancing when picking up meals at one of the following sites:
- Blackshear Place Center, 1001 Blackshear Road
- C C Shearer (Drayton), 1101 McClendon Court
- Clara Scott, 213 N. 13th St.
- Cordele Dispatch, 206 W. 13th Ave.
- First United Methodist Church, 302 E. 12th Ave.
- Hilltop Apartments, 211 W. 24th Ave.
- Greater Morris Tabernacle Baptist Church, 705 N. Joe Wright Drive
- J.W. Williams Funeral Home, 407 W. 17th Ave.
- Sunset Homes, 509 W. 22nd Ave.
- Suwannee House, 101 S. 7th St.
- Bus stops (again, please practice proper social distancing while waiting for the bus to arrive)
- Route then stop in Arabi City area and then at 12:30 p.m. will go to the parking lot next to Dollar General
- 1 main stop on U.S. Hwy. 280 at the East Crisp Homes area
- 3 stops: Hwy. 257 & Tremont Rd., then Sharon Churhc, then Tremont Rd. & Twin Pines Rd.
- 2 stops: Omar Heights and Meadow Park, then Omar Heights Baptist Church parking lot
- 3 stops: Brown Chapel on 28th Ave., then Rosewood, then Pateville Estates
- 1 stop in alley just off 16th Ave. across from 16 East restaurant and behind Complete Cash (the old Ameris Bank drive through)
- Bus routes
- #45 and #17
- #61 and #48
- #22 and #14
- #44 and #27
Meals should be refrigerated as soon as possible.