Traffic Stop Leads to Another Arrest this week
Published 8:11 am Tuesday, October 31, 2023
CRISP COUNTY- October 30, 2023
On October 30, 2023, at approximately 3:56 A.M., a Crisp County Sheriff’s Deputy conducted a traffic stop on a silver Ford Mustang for speeding and failure to maintain lane on GA 401/I75 near mile marker 104 south. During the traffic stop, the Deputy smelled the odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. The driver admitted to marijuana being in the vehicle. A search of the vehicle resulted in a bag and multiple containers of suspected marijuana, a bottle with pills, four firearms, and an illegal suppressor. Day was arrested without incident and transported to the Crisp County Detention Center. The investigation is ongoing.
Dallas Day, a 42-year-old male from Summerfield, Florida, faces the following charges:
- (4) Counts of Possession of Firearm During Commission of a Crime
- Possession of Marijuana- Felony
- Possession of Sawed-Off Shotgun, Machine Gun, Silencer, Etc.
- Possession of a Schedule IV Controlled Substance
- Prescription Drugs Not in the Original Container
- Speeding in Excess of Maximum Limits
- Failure to Maintain Lane
- Seatbelt Violation