Law enforcement agencies team up to take down crime
Special to the Dispatch
CORDELE — The combined efforts of the Crisp County Sheriff’s Office, the Cordele Police Department and several surrounding agencies resulted in multiple arrests, the latest step in the continued effort to rid the community of crime.
Sheriff Billy Hancock and Colonel Lewis Green are proud of the joint efforts of their departments, along with members of the Mid South Narcotics Task Force, Georgia State Patrol, Department of Natural Resources, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Corrections, Department of Community Supervision and the Southwest Georgia Task Force which was represented by Lowndes County Sheriff’s office and Valdosta Police Department.
On September 24, 2015, these agencies came together and conducted an operation that was coordinated by the Crisp County Sheriff’s Office which is targeting members of criminal street gangs. According to Hancock the primary focus of the mission was to target members of the gangs who had outstanding warrants, as well as, those wanted for probation and parole violations. As a result of the operation, a total of nine individuals were arrested, six of those were arrested on outstanding warrants.
The operation also yielded three individuals that were wanted for other agencies that were taken into custody. The following were arrested and charged.
• 41- year old Tyrone Blackmon of Cordele, arrested on an outstanding parole warrant, subsequently charged with possession of marijuana and possession of a weapon by convicted felon.
• 24 – year old Kentavious Riley of Cordele, arrested on an outstanding parole warrant.
• 25 – year old Gregory Sails of Cordele, arrested and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of a schedule V controlled substance.
• 25 – year old Darius Cobb of Cordele, arrested and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of schedule V controlled substance.
• 41 – year old Carlos Pridgen of Cordele, arrested and charged with tampering with evidence and loitering.
• 25 – year old Daron Mann of Cordele, arrested on an outstanding failure to appear warrant and charged with possession of marijuana less than an ounce.
• 37 – year old Kelcy Smith of Cordele, arrested on an outstanding obstruction of an officer warrant.
• 31 – year old Johnathan Lawrence of Cordele arrested on an outstanding obstruction of an officer warrant.
• 39 – year old Jeremy Ward arrested on an outstanding failure to appear warrant and Housed for the Cordele Police Department.