Crisp County Sheriff reports
Published 3:43 pm Friday, June 24, 2016
The Crisp County Sheriff’s Office recently issued the following reports.
June 6, 2016
- Dr. Lynn Lyons filed a complaint of harassing phone calls from a patient.
- Veronica Gilliam had a complaint in reference to a Terroristic Threats call.
- Sean Daniel of Opa Locka, Fl. Was charged with Speeding in excess of maximum limits, Too fast for conditions/prima facie speed and habitual violator, the arrest was made by Deputy Bo Duckworth.
- Deputy Wayne Taylor II, while working security at the Farmers Market, responded to a theft of $24.00 at Johnson’s Hamper House. The complainant, Mandell Johnson stated that the offender stole $24.00 cash while purchasing watermelons boxes.
- Velda Jo Davis reported Criminal Trespass.
June 7, 2016
- On June 7, 2016 Inv. Karla Stowe met with the Wal-Mart Protection Officer at the Cordele Wal-Mart in reference to three shoplifting offenses that occurred on the dates of May 12, 2016, May 14, 2016 and May 21, 2016. The same suspect, Garfield Robert Drinnon of Cordele, committed all three incidents. Video footage was provided of the crime.
- Chris Nielson reported a theft, the value was $100.00
- Frankie Jane White called the Crisp County Sheriff’s Office and advised the deputy that a check she had written had been altered.
- Keyuana Subette Colbert of Cordele made a complaint of a broken window at her residence.
- Leonard Morgan reported Criminal damage to property at 303 28th Ave. West, Cordele.
June 8, 2016
- Desstini Anne Toccoa reported a theft valued at $100.00.
- William Brooks of Southland Chrysler made a theft complaint. Value of item taken was $2000.00.
- Richard Grogg with Sunbelt Ford reported the theft of a 1995 Ford Thunderbird, 2 door, red in color, valued at $2,500.00.
- Deputy Kristan Herrick stopped a 2008 BMW on GA 401 Northbound, Cordele for a traffic offense. Further investigation led to the arrest of Arley Marin Rodriguez of Deltona, Fl., for fraud. Rodriguez was also charged with speeding in excess of maximum limits, seat belt violation and financial transaction card fraud.
June 9, 2016
- Tim Lewis reported a theft, value $220.00.
- James West reported a theft at 323 Fish Hatchery Rd., Cordele, valued at 300.00.
- Erick Kitchens of Moultrie, GA reported a theft at his campsite inside the Veteran’s Park.
- Anthony White reported a theft of his schedule II medication.
June 10, 2016
- Plantation House, Arabi, GA., reported a gas drive off.
- Santierreya Dawson, Cordele, GA, reported a burglary.
June 11, 2016
- Brandon Lee of Cordele, GA, reported an assault.
- Angelica Wooten or Cordele reported harassing communication.
June 12, 2016
- Arista Sheffield or Cordele reported criminal trespass in the 500 block of Old Hatley Road, Cordele.
- Lloyd Hughes of Cordele reported criminal trespass in the 100 block of Exa Ave.
- Rebecca Clark of Cordele, reported harassing communications at 370 Scenic Route.
June 13, 2016
- Serge Mercer was charged with Theft by taking-Fiduciary, amount taken was $495.
- Anthony White filed a complaint of theft of his schedule II medication.
- Edward Lorenz made contact with a Deputy in reference to harassing communication.
- Ramon Barrientos reported the theft of $2,200.00 from his van at the State Farmers Market.
- Deputy Benjamin Sumner stopped a Blue Chevy SUV, Texas tag GFJ1668 for speeding 92 mph in a 70 mph zone in Crisp County. As a result of the stop, Kim Latroy Johnson of Alexander, AR, was arrested and charged with driving while license suspended or revoked, speeding in excess of maximum limits.
- George Whitehead of Cordele called the State Farmers Market office phone to report an incident involving a handgun.
June 14, 2016
- Benjamin Franklin Watson was charged with theft by deception, Watson took $1156.00 on April 26, 2016 for a sign, and he took the money and never delivered the sign.
- Deputy Wade Compton was dispatched to 108 Hamilton Avenue, Cordele in reference to John Wayne Williams vandalizing a camper. Williams was arrested for obstruction or hindering law enforcement officers.
- Deputy Sammy John responded to 305 19th Avenue East, Cordele, in reference to a Stalking call.
- Deputy Adam Davis spoke with Harold Dickerson in reference to an assault that took place at 908 16th Avenue East, Ste A.
June 15, 2016
- Deputy Andrew Decoff was contacted by I.C.U. Supervisor with Crisp Regional Hospital in reference to a missing cell phone.
- Deputy Robert Pflueger responded to 2470 Hwy. 280 West, Cordele in reference to a criminal trespass, reported by Dale Kelley of Cordele.
- Deputy Kenneth Purvis stopped a Black Honda CRV for speeding 85 in a 70. Deputy Pflueger made contact with the driver, Jackie Levern Robinson of Valdosta, and learned his license were suspended and he was wanted out of Lowndes Coutny. The passenger, Jasmine Jessica Lewis of Monroe, Georgia was also wanted out of Lowndes County. Lowndes County was contacted and they placed holds on the driver an passenger. An inventory of the car revealed other charges on the driver and passenger. Robinson was arrested for driving while license suspended, speeding in excess of maximum limits and failure to maintain insurance. Lewis was arrested for Financial identity fraud and wanted person.
June 16, 2016
- Teresa McGinnis of Cordele reported fraud.
June 17, 2016
- Andy Spurling of Cordele reported criminal trespass of a suspicious suspect being on the victims property.
- Tommy Dozier of Cordele reported fraud.
- Deputy Kristan Herrick arrested, Khiry Antonio Huff at a license check conducted by the Crisp County Sheriff Office and the Governors Office of Highway Safety. Huff was arrested for DUI, driving under the influence of Drugs, driving while licese suspended and possession of open alcohol container.
June 18, 2016
- Lowell Smith reported a theft in the 1000 block of Highway 280 West.
- John Peavy of Cordele reported a theft at 306 Rockhouse Road East, Lot 42.