Crisp County Commissioners Issue “Living Well Month” Proclamation
Published 2:21 pm Monday, February 20, 2017
BY REBECCA STACKHOUSE, email@example.com
On February 14, 2017, the Crisp County Board of Commissioners signed a proclamation for Living Well Month to be March!
Let’s start your March off right together with some tips to help lead a well-rounded health lifestyle. This Extension Life Check gives you an overview with specific tips toward a healthy lifestyle.
Raising kids, eating right, spending smart, living well is the theme of a national Living Well Campaign we are promoting both at the national level and right here in Georgia through the Extension Association of Family and Consumer Science.
The goal is to help those of you in our community with and information and tools concerning “living well.” Whether you are trying to manage your diabetes through meal planning and exercise, make decisions about health care and insurance or get tips on effective parenting techniques, be sure to look toward the Extension office. We are likely able to provide research-based answers for you.
Eight overview tips for “Living Well Month”
1) Children should engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day. Adults should engage in at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day. Look for more on physical activity in Extension Life Checks on May 6th.
2) Drink WATER! Water helps to maintain hydration in the human body. Look for more information in water intake on March 4th.
3) Eat a colorful variety of healthy foods! www.choosemyplate.gov is a great resource for your daily intake requirements. Look for more information on healthy foods March 4th.
4) Read! Keep that daily reading going with the children in your home. #readacrosscrispcounty, #crispcountyextension and #readacrossamerica.
5) Get involved with programs that are offered in your area!
6) Attend classes that will help in parenting, finances, nutrition and/or food preparation!
7) Keep a check on the home environment to maintain a healthy home. Check out the dispatch for Extension Life Checks on March 18th.
8) Keep your family finances in check. Take the pledge to save money this year during the AmericaSaves week February 27 – March 3 – go to americasaves.org and take the pledge. Check out the Dispatch for Extension Life Checks on April 1st. #crsipcountysaves #americasaves
Get educated with tips on how to live a healthy lifestyle and take advantage of tips through reading Extension Life Checks every 1st and 3rd Saturday. Follow information and activities through the Extension office at UGA Extension, Crisp County and join the quarterly FACS newsletter by emailing your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.