Pool Room Early Morning Fire

Published 10:22 am Saturday, January 6, 2018

The Pool Room was found to be on fire at approximately 5:44 a.m.

A passerby saw smoke coming out of the front of the Pool Room early Saturday morning.

Early on Saturday, January 6 at approximately 5:44 a.m., Cordele Fire Department responded to a call of a fire at the Pool Room (Cordele Recreation Parlor) located on 105 W 11th Ave. A passerby called the fire in and reported smoke coming out the front end of the building. The Pool Room has issued a statement on their Facebook page saying they plan to repair the damage and reopen as soon as possible. The fire is under investigation by the Georgia State Fire Marshal. More information will be posted as the investigation continues.