Cordele Police Department reports
January 25, 2018
- Officers were dispatched to G & N Grocery, 418 W. 16th Avenue in reference to criminal trespass. Contact was made with Bernard Williams of 802 West 23rd Avenue, Apt. C, who provided a false name and was also wanted on two active warrants. Williams was arrested for Battery and simple battery-Family violence and giving false name, address or DOB to officer.
- Officers were dispatch to 1215 East 16th Avenue, Walmart for shoplifting. Benjamin Watson of 903 Gum Road, Cordele was arrested for theft by shoplifting.
- Officers responded to 511 West 10th Avenue in reference to a fight. April Cooper of 707 South 10th Street, Cordele was arrested for Battery.
January 26, 2018
- Officers observed a suspicious vehicle canvassing the aea and observed a window tint violation. Officers conducted a traffic stop on the 2002 Pontiac Grand AM, that made a quick left turn on to 26th Avenue West and all occupants except the driver fled on foot. Kelcey Rashaud Smith of 608 West 23rd Avenue was arrested for possession of Marijuana less than 1 oz. and window tint violation.
January 27, 2018
- Officers responded to 311 West 24th Avenue in reference to a shoplifting. Upon the arrival the officer searched the area for the suspect with negative results. The officer then went to Cordele Supermarket and met with the complainant. The store owner advised that the juvenile had been walking around the store and placing some merchandise in his back pack. There was negative contact with the subject. After reviewing the footage they were unable to identify the suspect. The store owner advised that he caught the juvenile that he emptied his bag of stolen merchandise. He advised that there were three more juveniles helping but was unfamiliar at that moment. He advised he was trying to hold him until law enforcement arrived on scene, but was unsuccessful due to other juveniles snatching the door open for the suspect to escape.
- Officers responded to 805 Tundee Avenue in reference to shots fired. Trivia Whitehead reported that three unknown subjects had been hiding in the bushes behind her residence. When the subjects were spotted by Whitehead and Dennis Bryant, the subjects fired a firearm in the direction of Whitehead and Bryant. Bryant returned fire with his firearm and the subjects fled. A thorough search was made of the area by officers in attempt to locate the subjects, but was unsuccessful.
- Officers were dispatch to 1205 South 15th Street in reference to shots fired. Upon arrival I made contact with Christopher Edwards at 1208 South 15th Street. Edwards reported his vehicle and residence was struck by a bullet. Officers went over to 1205 South 15th Street where it was reported and the residence had been struck as well.
- Officers responded to an entering auto at 907 South 13th Street. Upon arrival officers made contact with the complaintant advised that he came outside and opened his truck and seen it had been entered and rumbled through. He advised that someone had taken several items from his vehicle. He advised that they took his black bag, blood pressure medicine, watch and a tray full of change, $801 and his Bible.