GBI raids stores for gambling – Arrests made
Cordele, GA. – On Tuesday, April 24, 2018, the GBI’s Commercial Gambling Unit, along with the Mid-South Narcotics Task Force, the Crisp County Sheriff’s Office, and in cooperation with the Georgia Lottery Corporation and the Georgia Department of Revenue executed eight (8) search warrants in the City of Cordele, Crisp County for violations of Georgia’s commercial gambling laws.
Search warrants were executed at six (6) business locations and two (2) residences in Cordele. The business locations were:
- HK Food 21 LLC, 2002 U.S. Hwy 41 N., Cordele
- W&W Food Mart (BP), 2009 E. 16th, Cordele
- Watson’s Food Store (Shell), 2105 E. 16th, Cordele
- Mitchell’s Bait and Tackle, 902 W. 16th, Cordele
- S&P Lotto a/k/a Chris Lotto, 1217 E. 16th, Cordele
- Red Dawg Sports Bar, 908 E. 16th, Cordele
While searching the location, agents collected evidence related to crimes of commercial gambling and seized monetary assets gained from the illegal use of gaming machines.
The locations are currently licensed to operate Coin Operated Amusement Machines. However, during the course of the investigation, agents discovered customers were receiving cash payouts for winning credits. In Georgia, credits may only be redeemed for lottery tickets and/or store merchandise.
The following were arrested and charged with Commercial Gambling (Felony):
- Yogeshpuri Goswami, 40, of Cordele
- Jyotsanaben Goswami, 41, of Cordele
- Gary Watson, 70, of Cordele
- Jason Brent Watson, 39, of Cordele
- Raymond English, 57, of Cordele
- Theresa English, 47, of Cordele
Submitted by Brooke Marshall Community Relations at Crisp Regional Hospital Cordele, GA-Crisp Regional announced today it has withdrawn its appeal... read more